felix-users mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Space issues with Felix
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:00:44 GMT
Hi Rasmus,

as long as you don't specify the "uninstall" action to felix.auto.deploy
you should be able to delete the bundles from the bundle folder after they
have been installed into the felix cache. The felix cache shouldn't be
invalidated (unless you specific to clean it on framework start or delete
it yourself). However, this is obviously a little tricky as you can't
update the bundles easily anymore after you remove them from the bundle
folder.

Alternatively, you can use the "reference:" protocol to install your
bundles. If you install a bundle with a url of "reference:file:..." it will
not copy the bundle jar into the cache but keep referencing it from its
original location (this is not spec but iirc, supported by Felix, Equinox,
and KF). Unfortunately, there is no way to have felix do that automagically
together with the felix.auto.deploy - hence, you'd either have to list the
urls yourself in the config or you'd have to write your own / patch our
AutoProcessor (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/main/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/main/AutoProcessor.java).
I guess you could easily add a property to tell felix to install all
bundles using the reference: protocol (patches are welcome :-).

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls