felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCR] Selecting services without giving a service interface
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 09:32:17 GMT
Hi Jens,

Can you clarify please… are you saying that you want to inject services of *any* type, using
some kind of filter that looks at the other properties of the service reference?

This is an unusual requirement, and I don’t think you can do it with DS’s event strategy.
You should use a ServiceTracker instead.

Regards,
Neil

> On 8 Apr 2016, at 10:23, Jens Offenbach <wolle5050@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Sorry, but I am confronted with a new problem.
>
> I am declaring a Reference annotation on a method, but I cannot declare a service interface.
If I declare nothing than Object gets used and nothing is happening. When I remove the interface
definition from my XML descriptor, SCR validation fails with "An interface must be declared
for the reference". I have a filter expression that selects my services, but they do not have
an interface in common.

> I have to select some service based on a filter expression without indicating a service
interface. How is this achievable?