felix-users mailing list archives

From Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com>
Subject Re: Felix and JavaMail
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 07:02:15 GMT
Well,

Karaf is a strange journey. Some people like it, some don’t.
I am more in the Neil Bartlett kind of Apache Felix camp who thinks Karaf too bloated.

I discovered Hana is using Eclipse Equinox, so I need to get familiar with that.

Let me know if you need help with the javamail, should be easy sailing though.
Frank

From:  Mark Derricutt
Date:  Monday, March 7, 2016 at 1:26 AM
To:  <users@felix.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Felix and JavaMail

On 7 Mar 2016, at 10:32, Frank Langel wrote:

I never had any issues sending mail. What exactly is your issue?

Looks like Karaf already ships with javamail so it looks like it was more an issue with using
the <packaging>kar</packaging> lifecycle and some extra strict checking of dependencies.

I'm working thru migrating a project deployed via a rather ancient version of karaf so I think
it's more just a matter of working out the build process to package things up.  Sending email
from the application in question is already working fine.

Mark

--
Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net