felix-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Felix and JavaMail
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 07:07:57 GMT
Hi guys,

Karaf Minimal is really minimal and ship the minimal needed for Karaf
itself and applications. Karaf 4.1.x standard distribution will be
already lighter as we will remove blueprint for instance.

Javamail is not included in Karaf standard distribution: it comes with
the pax-web feature (and just the API from SMX).

Of course, you can start from Equinox or Felix framework and build your
stuff, but lot of time, you will end with kind of Karaf (minimal at
least) ;)

Regards
JB

On 03/07/2016 08:02 AM, Frank Langel wrote:
> Well,
>
> Karaf is a strange journey. Some people like it, some don’t.
> I am more in the Neil Bartlett kind of Apache Felix camp who thinks Karaf too bloated.
>
> I discovered Hana is using Eclipse Equinox, so I need to get familiar with that.
>
> Let me know if you need help with the javamail, should be easy sailing though.
> Frank
>

> From:  Mark Derricutt
> Date:  Monday, March 7, 2016 at 1:26 AM
> To:  <users@felix.apache.org>
> Subject:  Re: Felix and JavaMail
>
> On 7 Mar 2016, at 10:32, Frank Langel wrote:
>
> I never had any issues sending mail. What exactly is your issue?
>
> Looks like Karaf already ships with javamail so it looks like it was more an issue with
using the <packaging>kar</packaging> lifecycle and some extra strict checking
of dependencies.

> I'm working thru migrating a project deployed via a rather ancient version of karaf so
I think it's more just a matter of working out the build process to package things up.  Sending
email from the application in question is already working fine.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org