felix-users mailing list archives

From developm...@mobigov.com
Subject Re: OSGI stream processing
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2015 17:44:18 GMT

Nevermind I think I got a little better understanding. Event admin does
not return promises or support backpressure through these eventtypes
because it was written before all of this. Are there plans to change the
event admin api to become a publisher or does it serve a different
purpose and if I am looking for streams support it would be better to
write a custom publisher for events and pub-sub

On 2015-11-15 11:54, development@mobigov.com wrote:

>> I read an article this morning here. http://akarnokd.blogspot.hu/2015/11/asynchronous-event-streams-vs-reactive.html
[1] My guess is that util.promises were more designed with OSGI services in mind rather than
event streams so that is why some of the design decisions were made the way they were. I did
think the author did have a couple of points though. I am still new to streams and osgi and
think much of the article was over my head. I was hoping others could give me their feelings
on some of the criticisms where the author may have had a point or been on the wrong track?
Does the felix event admin use the promises library under the hood or is it completely separate
because they are both at the compendium level and it would be a bad idea to have dependencies
on other compendium libs. Is there a good example out there where I can take a look at the
code and see how I should be looking to implement eventadmin with promises and streams. Thanks
for any advise, David Daniel

Links:
------
[1]