felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Bundle can't find its own classes: NoClassDefFoundError
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:59:34 GMT
On 10/30/15 15:42 , Milen Dyankov wrote:
> This seems to happen with felix (version 4.6 in my case) from time to time.
> Basically I have some symlinks in `felix/bundle` folder pointing to the jar
> files generated by my IDE/build tool. Someties (haven't tried to figure out
> why) it will not notice the JAR has changed and the only way to force it is
> to clean the `felix/felix-cache`. As I'm only using plain felix for demo
> purposes it is not a big deal for me (I always clean the cache) but I can
> imagine how frustrating it would be if I was to build something serious
> this way.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, the framework will never notice that
the bundles have changed and do anything. It only does what it is told.

If you are saying that you are doing an explicit update on a bundle and
the framework doesn't show the updated content of the bundle, even after
a framework refresh, then this would be a significant bug. If that is
the case, then it would be great to get more information. It would
definitely be surprising, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

-> richard