felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: System packages should not contain osgi.core packages (packages that are exported by the framework)
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 14:38:39 GMT
I think it is reasonable to allow someone to hide exports from the
system bundle, but that doesn't mean that this process couldn't be
improved. For example, we could introduce a new variable
${framework-exports} as an alias to what the framework exports, so then
in our default properties file the system.packages could be written
something like this:

org.osgi.framework.system.packages= ${dollar}{framework-exports} \
  ${dollar}{jre-${dollar}{java.specification.version}}

Thus making it easier for people who want to override system.packages by
using our alias.

Of course, though, if you just want to add stuff to system packages,
then you should be using system.packages.extra like others have suggested.

-> richard