felix-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Re: How to 'let the dust settle' with DS?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 17:56:56 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 1:47 PM, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the reference is static greedy, then the component having the reference has to be
deactivated/reactivated each time the set of available services changes.

> If the component exposes a service, and is not immediate, then each get/unget cycle will
result in activating/deactivating the instance.

> You need to include a lot more information about exactly what your components look like
and the circumstances around the behavior you report to assign  a specific cause to it.

OK, I've got it; that's exactly the situation at hand (static greedy).
That works for me for now until I can use the newer version.