felix-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject How to 'let the dust settle' with DS?
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 14:52:42 GMT
I am hoping that David Jencks will continue his charity to strangers here.

David, if you have any gogo jiras you'd like help with in return, just ask.

Three bundles:

B1 registers service S1.

B2 consumes S1 and uses it in the implementation of S2. That is to
say, it picks up a reference to S1 with a DS @Reference with
cardinality MANDATORY.

B3 consumes B2, but it anticipates that B2 will have siblings. So it
consumes a reference to a List<S2> with cardinality AT_LEAST_ONE.

It can take B2 and buddies a bit of time to activate.

I appreciate that the most general case is intended to be that
services come and go, and B3 should dynamically reconfigure itself.
I'd rather not do that yet; I'd like to arrange things so that B3
waits to finish starting itself until all the B2-ish guys are fully
set up.

Assuming that B2 and friends are all started at an earlier start
level, is there an 'esthetic' way to arrange this? Or should I really
suck it up and do the late-binding so that B3 says, 'OK, _now_ I need
B2 service x=y, block until it's available?'