felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to avoid EventAdmin blacklisting while keeping the timeout.
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:14:12 GMT
Okay thanks, this clarifies things. Because these two things are strongly linked in my mind,
I thought you wanted it to both timeout AND not-timeout.

As far as I’m aware, the decoupling you want is not possible in the current implementation.
It may not even be compatible with the Event Admin spec. But I’ll let others comment on
that.

Neil

> On 2 Sep 2015, at 19:57, Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hogeweg@me.com> wrote:
>
> Neil,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
>> I don’t understand what you want.
> Sorry about that. I want the handler to time-out after 5 seconds, but I DON’T want
the handler to be black-listed. So next time there is an event for that handler the EventAdmin
should try again, and possibly time-out again.

>> If you still have timeout, but the handler isn’t blacklisted right away… this
is simply a non-zero timeout, isn’t it?
> Now I don’t understand you. 5000 is non-zero. No?
>
> What I see happening is that at the first timeout the Handler is black listen and never
called again, until I update the Admin props.

> Erwin
>

>> Neil
>>

>>> On 2 Sep 2015, at 19:35, Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hogeweg@me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to configure the event admin is such a way that I still have a timeout,
but that the handler isn’t blacklisted right away. It looks like an all or nothing proposition
though, unless I am not interpreting the doc (http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-event-admin.html)
correctly.

>>> I see some suggestions to kick the handler off in a separate thread, but I am
wondering if this is the only solution.