felix-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Re: Managing gogo command order
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2015 16:36:20 GMT
I would add a remote in my repo to the repo of the person submitting
the request, and then fetch from it, and then you can do it all in
your repo and not keep making clones.

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM, David Jencks
<david_jencks@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Thanks for the link.  I thought there was probably a way to do this with cherry-picking.
>
> I always create a (local) branch for any changes, git svn dcommit from that branch, and
then svn rebase on the trunk branch.

> Do you know if it’s possibly/easy (or how to) copy your changes on github to a branch
in my github felix clone and then cherry-pick from there? I’d expect that would reduce a
combinatorial explosion of remote branches as more people supplied patches on github.

> I didn’t see 4970 yet…
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
>> On Aug 22, 2015, at 7:36 AM, Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry, I assumed that you all had a workflow for PR's already.
>>
>> I can offer you
>> https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/BensonMargulies/GitSvnWorkflow.
>>
>> Also, please just ask and I'll be happy to make an 'svn patch' patch.
>>
>> Note the issue of getting the PRs to close by putting the right thing
>> in the svn commit.
>>
>> There's also 4970, would you like me to make an svn patch for that?
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM, David Jencks
>> <david_jencks@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> I applied your fix from 4969 but it was rather difficult and I did it locally
with a patch.  Is there an explanation of how to pull stuff from github into an apache svn
repo?

>>> Anyone else think we should consider git for felix?
>>>
>>> My plans for gogo are to make it find bundles using the system bundle, so the
wiring info works even when regions/framework hooks are present.

>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

then all other scopes in undefined order.