felix-users mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Managing gogo command order
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 06:47:20 GMT
I got to one of the new JIRAs….  and found an easier way to pull the commits…. but I forgot
the magic words to auto-close the pull request.

If you say

$git fetch https://github.com/bimargulies/felix FELIX-5008-less-messy-command-help
From https://github.com/bimargulies/felix
 * branch            FELIX-5008-less-messy-command-help -> FETCH_HEAD

FETCH_HEAD seems to be a sort of temporary branch that you can cherry pick from

$git log FETCH_HEAD
shows the remote commits

$git cherry-pick 2cfe5515e0f40bcebc91dbacc3cf6196228968c8

gets your commit into my local branch.

Anyway since I forgot the magic words in the commit again, could you close the pull request?

thanks
david jencks

> On Aug 22, 2015, at 12:38 PM, Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, and I submitted two more JIRAs with PR's for gogo.
>

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:
>> I would add a remote in my repo to the repo of the person submitting
>> the request, and then fetch from it, and then you can do it all in
>> your repo and not keep making clones.
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM, David Jencks
>> <david_jencks@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the link.  I thought there was probably a way to do this with cherry-picking.
>>>
>>> I always create a (local) branch for any changes, git svn dcommit from that branch,
and then svn rebase on the trunk branch.

>>> Do you know if it’s possibly/easy (or how to) copy your changes on github to
a branch in my github felix clone and then cherry-pick from there? I’d expect that would
reduce a combinatorial explosion of remote branches as more people supplied patches on github.

>>> I didn’t see 4970 yet…
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

locally with a patch.  Is there an explanation of how to pull stuff from github into an apache
svn repo?

so the wiring info works even when regions/framework hooks are present.

and then all other scopes in undefined order.