felix-users mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is this mailing-list dead?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:02:44 GMT
I looked at the stack overflow thread.  I don’t understand what you are trying to do.

CDI by itself (e.g. weld or openwebbeans) doesn’t have anything at all to do with OSGI and
there’s no way to use them together as is.

I don’t know much about pax-cdi but it may provide some integration.  I don’t know if
there are any other attempts to integrate.  If you want to use such a solution you should
ask it’s developers about it, not here where no one knows about them.

The basic requirement you appear to have of “separate instance for each using instance”
should be satisfied by R6 prototype scope.  The DS 1.3 RI, felix DS, should support this OK
but it’s not released, the CT is not done, and this feature is pretty much untested.  I
don’t have any idea how this capability might be accessed from a CDI bean, I’d imagine
this would have to do with a hypothetical CDI-OSGI-R6 integration.

DS component factories as specced are almost useless IMO and are certainly not the solution
you want to try here.

Why do you need to use CDI?  If you are writing an OSGI based application I would look into
simply using DS for all components.

thanks
david jencks

> On Jul 16, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Alex Sviridov <ooo_saturn7@mail.ru> wrote:
>
> Neil, thank you for your answer. I asked a question about using getting new instance
of DS for every consumer call to work with CDI at this
> mailing list and at stackoverflow  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31354996/osgi-ds-and-component-factories-issues
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31354996/osgi-ds-and-component-factories-issues>

> You, Neil, helped me as you could, but you don't like CDI (as I understood). Is here
anyone else besides you, who could help,  as the question is very important for