felix-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Sviridov <ooo_satu...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[4]: Is this mailing-list dead?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:14:29 GMT
 Thank you. Could you say at what state this version is - I mean how stable it is.
And the second question how can I make prototype scope in the following example:

@Component (immediate = false)
@Property (name = "name",value = "default")
@Service
public class MyClass implements MyInterface{}


>Четверг, 16 июля 2015, 11:06 -05:00 от Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@liferay.com>:
>
>Alex, it's because there is no released DS spec which supports prototype
>scope. That will only come out in the next couple months.
>
>However, DS in felix trunk has the support for it, so you could build from
>source.
>
>- Ray
>
>On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Alex Sviridov < ooo_saturn7@mail.ru > wrote:
>
>>  Neil, thank you. I use apache felix. And I tried to find information how
>> to use DS with prototype scope - but I found nothing.
>>
>>
>> >Четверг, 16 июля 2015, 16:56 +01:00 от Neil Bartlett <
>>  njbartlett@gmail.com >:
>> >
>> >Yes and no. Mostly no.
>> >
>> >The OSGi core spec Release 6, which is now around a year old, does
>> include the ability for service consumers to obtain new service instances
>> under their control (the so-called "prototype scope”). However the CDI
>> implementation you are using would also have to have support for this
>> feature. So your question relates to the CDI implementation… if it has a
>> mailing list then you should ask there.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Neil
>> >
>> >
>> >> On 16 Jul 2015, at 16:51, Alex Sviridov <  ooo_saturn7@mail.ru > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Neil, unfortunately I can't agree with you. As I understand both pax
>> (@Inject @OsgiService) and fighterfish (@OSGiService) work with osgi
>> "registry".
>> >> So it is the question about how to get new service instance for every
>> consumer from osgi "registry" - I am sorry if the
>> >> terms I use are wrong. That's why I think this mailing list is the
>> right place. I think so...
>> >>
>> >> Четверг, 16 июля 2015, 16:46 +01:00 от Neil Bartlett <
>>  njbartlett@gmail.com >:
>> >>
>> >> Alex,
>> >>
>> >> This list might not be the best place to ask about CDI, since it is a
>> Java enterprise spec that is not much used with OSGi as far as I can see.
>> >>
>> >> In fact your choice to use CDI with OSGi puts you within a very narrow
>> niche. It may be the case that nobody knows the answer to your question, or
>> that what you want to achieve is not possible with the current tools. If
>> you are willing to invest in improving those tools yourself then you might
>> make progress… otherwise I would strongly recommend finding a different
>> solution.
>> >>
>> >> Regards,
>> >> Neil
>> >>
>> >>> On 16 Jul 2015, at 16:41, Alex Sviridov <  ooo_saturn7@mail.ru <x-msg:
>>  //e.mail.ru/compose/?mailto=mailto%3aooo_saturn7@mail.ru >> wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>> Neil, thank you for your answer. I asked a question about using
>> getting new instance of DS for every consumer call to work with CDI at this
>> >>> mailing list and at stackoverflow
>>  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31354996/osgi-ds-and-component-factories-issues
>> <
>>  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31354996/osgi-ds-and-component-factories-issues
>> >
>> >>>
>> >>> You, Neil, helped me as you could, but you don't like CDI (as I
>> understood). Is here anyone else besides you, who could help,  as the
>> question is very important for
>> >>> me and I can't continue work without getting certain answer.
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> Четверг, 16 июля 2015, 16:35 +01:00 от Neil Bartlett <
>>  njbartlett@gmail.com <x-msg: //
>>  e.mail.ru/compose/?mailto=mailto%3anjbartlett@gmail.com >>:
>> >>>
>> >>> No.
>> >>>
>> >>> > On 16 Jul 2015, at 16:34, Alex Sviridov <  ooo_saturn7@mail.ru
<>>
>> wrote:
>> >>> >
>> >>> > I haven't got any messages from this mailing list. Is it dead?
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> > --
>> >>> > Alex Sviridov
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> --
>> >>> Alex Sviridov
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Alex Sviridov
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>> Alex Sviridov
>>
>
>
>
>-- 
>*Raymond Augé* < http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/profile >
> (@rotty3000)
>Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* < http://www.liferay.com >
> (@Liferay)
>Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance < http://osgi.org > (@OSGiAlliance)


-- 
Alex Sviridov
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message