felix-users mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: PaxWeb 5.0 on Felix - Anyone?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 10:36:18 GMT
Hi Frank,

that site is not correct I'll change it asap.
Undertow is a special branch made by Harald, and I should have blocked him
in doing releases with the Pax-Web Versioning schema.
It's been a test only releases that he made to play with Pax CDI on a green
field. I did some investigation but the Pax-Web-Undertow branch is
in no means compatible to the Pax-Web regular branches.
That means till version 4.1.x Pax Web is clean and running with up to
Servlet Support 3.1 including White-Board extender (which isn't compatible
to the R6 draft of a OSGi specified Whiteboard-Extension for HttpService).
With the 5.0 disaster Version 5 is burned for the Pax Web project therefore
Version 6.0 (the current master) tries to pick up from the 4.x line with
the goal of having a OSGi R6 compliant Whiteboard Extender, which actually
removes lot's of the features Pax Web already supports. I'll try my best to
have the Old-Pax-Web-Style Whiteboard Extender working the same way it is
right now together with a stripped down R6 Compliant Whiteboard Extender.
Right now I don't have any plans on adding Undertow support to the master
branch. This might be an issue for a future version. Right now only Jetty
with all features and Tomcat with a slightly reduced set of features are
supported. For production use I still recommend to use Jetty.

concerning the undertow-branch and whiteboard support, as I'm not planning
in putting any efforts into that branch I doubt there will be any support
for it.

anyone with free time to spent on adding support for undertow into the Pax
Web 6.0.0 (current master) line is more then welcome to do so.
As I only work on the Pax-Web project in my spare time (no funding at all)
resources are spare and therefore I focus on main issues.

regards, Achim