felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Complicated wrapping
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:03:37 GMT
Before we go too deep with this wrapping.
If you just want to use one of the popular logging frameworks then
pax-logging may be a solution.
It handles log4j, slf4j, commons logging and jdk logging.

You just use the logging api of your choice and install pax-logging
which takes care of providing you an implemention for your api.

Christian

On 24.06.2015 23:47, Joe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to wrap a couple of jars as a bundle.  The main bundle I want is
> called logging, but it has dependencies on another bundle called
> logging-common.  I am getting them both from maven.  However, Karaf is mad
> at me because they both contain some of the same packages.  They both have
> packages called com.blah.logging and com.blah.logging.support.
>
> Would it be possible to wrap them both in a bundle using the wrap command in
> bundle, in a feature.xml file?
>
> Do I need a more complex scheme?  Would I need to make a bundle that imports
> the dependences through maven and then exposes the logging package?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de