felix-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@vonos.net>
Subject DependencyManager and bundle-private components
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 14:52:44 GMT
Hi,

In blueprint it is possible to define arbitrary objects (beans) which
are not published to the service registry but nevertheless can be
injected into other beans.

AFAICT, in both declarative-services and felix-dm, the only objects that
can be injected are references to services from the OSGi registry. Is
this correct?

I understand that with DS and DM, components follow the standard OSGi
lifecycles, in contrast to the Blueprint approach of "hiding" the
lifecycle. In particular, in DS and DM when a component's mandatory
dependency is deregistered then the component is also deregistered
(which can cascade further). And the kind of tracking of dependencies
required to make this happen is exactly what a service registry does.

However it's common for a bundle to have objects which are purely
internal implementation details of the bundle, and are not for external
use. Yet as far as I can see, in order to manage them with DS or DM,
such internal objects need to be published into the global service
registry - just to be able to then inject them back into components in
the same bundle.

Have I misunderstood something?

Thanks,
Simon