felix-users mailing list archives

From "Moss, Robin" <robin.m...@cgi.com>
Subject Felix autostart Dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:02:23 GMT
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've not had much lucking finding information about
it.

I'm trying to configure felix to use auto deploy to install,start a set of plugins that are
needed for auto.start bundles later on.

In my case I'm trying to get two specific features to work:
- Aries blueprints
- PAX Url wrap

I'm doing this by putting their dependencies along with some felix plugins into an auto deploy
folder, I'm then using felix.auto.start.<n> to start all the other bundles I need for
my application.

My Config:
  felix.auto.deploy.action=install,start
  felix.auto.deploy.dir=bin/felix
  felix.auto.start.3=..... (will include some wrap:file:.. bundles)

When I start felix ` java -Dfelix.config.properties=file:config/felix.properties -jar bin/org.apache.felix.main-4.6.1.jar`
its unable to use wrapped url's but if I then through gogo use felix:install it works fine.

Is the issue here that felix is installing all the auto start's and auto deploys before it
starts any of them? If this is the case is there a way I can either get it to start the lower
run levels before installing the higher level runlevels, or a way (i.e. a sub-project or other
plugin I can use) I can write a script that after felix has started it can then install/start
a list of bundles?

Thanks in advance,
Robin