felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Karaf features on Felix
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 10:17:06 GMT
Some time ago I wrote a little maven plugin to create an Eclipse RCP
feature and target platform out of some karaf features.

What I learned there is that it is not enough to just install the
bundles the karaf features provide. You also have to install some of the
bundles
karaf provides as a basis platform. Another thing is that karaf does
some special configurations of the system package exports and configures
some endorsed libs.
Also the karaf shell commands are incompatible to gogo commands and the
plain gogo shell.

So it will not be easy to reuse the features and the feature service
outside of karaf.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider