felix-users mailing list archives

From Derek Baum <de...@baums.org.uk>
Subject Re: Gogo output not always showing
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:55:28 GMT
just add the command to start telnet to gosh.args:

java -Dgosh.args='--nointeractive -c telnetd start' -jar bin/felix.jar

Note: if you are using Java 8, you need gogo.shell (0.12.0) to fix FELIX-4425

—
Derek

> On 21 Jan 2015, at 08:12, Bulu <bulu@romandie.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Derek
>>> I then access gogo through telnet (Felix Remote Shell 1.1.2). Sometimes (rarely),
certain of my commands do no longer output to the shell, instead the output is really going
to the std-out of the java application. Note that at the same time, other of my own commands
in the same bundle still work as expected and output to the gogo shell.

>> The Felix remote shell was designed to work before gogo was introduced.
>>
>> gogo has its own simple telnet daemon:
>>
>> Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>>
>> g! type telnetd
>> telnetd is void gogo:telnetd(String[])
>> true
>> g! telnetd -?
>> telnetd - start simple telnet server
>> Usage: telnetd [-i ip] [-p port] start | stop | status
>>   -i --ip=INTERFACE        listen interface (default=127.0.0.1)
>>   -p --port=PORT           listen port (default=2019)
>>   -? --help                show help
>> g! telnetd start
>> telnetd is running on 127.0.0.1:2019
>> g!
>>
> Thanks - I wasn't aware of that internal telnet daemon. I currently start the framework
in non-interactive mode (gosh.args=--nointeractive) and rely on the telnet daemon to connect
to the shell. How can I make gogo's telnetd start by itself?