felix-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro.E...@grassvalley.com
Subject iPojo factories
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:42:19 GMT
Hello,

I realised today I made a wrong assumption with iPojo. I thought that if I
used a factory to create an instance, that I could be 100% sure that the
instance was going to be valid because (I thought) that if the instance
was missing dependencies, the factory itself would be invalid. That is not
the case, however. So I am wondering, why is this the case? Now i will
have to check after any instance creation if the instance is valid but I'm
not sure why.

What is the use case where you would want a factory to allow you to create
invalid instances? why isn't the state of the factory tied to the state of
the instances it creates so that if a factory is not capable of creating
valid instances, it itself is invalid?

Thank you for any insights

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels
Grass Valley, A Belden Brand | Tel: (514) 333-1772 Ext: 3789
3499 Douglas-B.-Floreani, St-Laurent, Quebec Canada H4S 2C6

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.