felix-users mailing list archives

From <vladimir.kro...@centrum.cz>
Subject Service-Based Application example bug
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2014 22:02:50 GMT
Dear Madame/Sir,

I have found a problem in one of your example (Service-based application http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/examples/servicebased.host
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/examples/servicebased.host>). After building
and running it with one of its service bundles it crashes due to use of non-standard library.

The ShapeComponent implements javax.swing.JComponent. However JavaFx has some compatibility
isue (non-standard library) with OSGI and the application crashes down when trying to use
a service bundle with flowing output:
Welcome to My Launcher
======================

Could not create framework: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.circle [1]: Unable to resolve 1.0: missing requirement
[1.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.swing)
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.circle
[1]: Unable to resolve 1.0: missing requirement [1.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.swing)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:944)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:931)
        at org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host.launch.Application.installAndStartBundles(Application.java:128)
        at org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host.launch.Application.main(Application.java:82)

However using JavaFx and other libraries should be possible with right configuration. I would
like to know if it is possible to use these libraries and how to set them via maven-bundle-plugin
or if I should use tools like e(fx)clipse or Bndtools. I am looking for quick simple solution.

Thank you for your time.

Your faithfully,

Kročák Vladimír