felix-users mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven bundle plugin and baselining
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 08:12:30 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM, mit_jones <tim@mccarthy.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been experimenting with the maven-bundle-plugin baseline Mojo. I
> can't find much documentation so not sure if I am seeing the expected
> behaviour but it appears to be different than what I see in a 'native'
> Eclipse bnd environment.

I'm not familiar with the Eclipse bnd environment, but here's a
blanket statement about my understanding of baselining: it only
concerns public API since that's the one that 'matters' in terms of
backwards compatibility in OSGi. You are free to perform whatever
changes you want to your implementation packages ; those will be
validated by your Java compiler.

Cheers,

Robert