felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Import missing
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 11:56:42 GMT
It looks like you’re trying to use a semicolon to separate your package list. The separator
character should be a comma.

Regards,
Neil

On 12 October 2014 at 11:41:25, rsteppac2 (ralf@steppacher.name) wrote:

Hello,

I have three bundles that I build as part of a multi-module project with the
maven-bundle-plugin: A, X, and Y. A depends on X and Y. However, when
building the bundle A the import package statement for the package in Y is
missing, while the import for X is present. And unsurprisingly, deployment
of A (in Karaf) fails. I am a bit at a loss as to why the import might be
dropped.

The configuration looks as follows:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<instructions>

<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime;inline=false;artifactId=!X|Y</Embed-Dependency>

<Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>
<Import-Package>
com.sun.jdi.*;
com.sun.msv.*;
com.sun.tools.*;

resolution:=optional,
*
</Import-Package>
</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>

<dependency>
<groupId>my.group</groupId>
<artifactId>X</artifactId>
<version>${project.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>my.group</groupId>
<artifactId>Y</artifactId>
<version>${project.version}</version>
</dependency>

The order of the artifacts in the exclusion list for embedding does not
matter. Both "!X|Y" and "!Y|X" yield the same result.

If anyone could point me to a possible mistake on my side, I'd be glad.

Thanks!
Ralf