felix-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Dependency Manager: registering FrameworkListener
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 10:17:42 GMT
Let me reverse the question: what would be a newer/better way and how should that be implemented.
I mean I can see somebody writing a whiteboard style handler and donating it to (for example)
Felix. Is that what you would like, or??

On 09 Oct 2014, at 9:02 am, Bulu <bulu@romandie.com> wrote:

> Hello Marcel
> Yes I already knew the standard way you describe. I just wanted to clarify whether a
newer/better method existed.

> Thanks again for your answer.
> Philipp
>
> On 08.10.2014 11:24, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> From the spec: "A FrameworkListener object is registered with the Framework using
the BundleContext.addFrameworkListener method.”

>> So it is not whiteboard-style (it pre-dates the whiteboard pattern afaik).
>>
>> In DM I would do:
>>
>> in the init:
>> dm.add(createComponent().setImplementation(Comp.class));
>>
>> and then the component:
>> public class Comp implements FrameworkListener {
>>   private volatile BundleContext m_context;
>>   public void start() {
>>     m_context.addFrameworkListener(this);
>>   }
>>   public void stop() {
>>     m_context.removeFrameworkListener(this);
>>   }
>>   // implement the FrameworkListener methods here
>> }
>>
>> of course it would also be possible to create a whiteboard style handler for this
(just like one exists to handle Servlets for HttpService)…