felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why org.osgi.util.tracker are embedded ?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 16:28:38 GMT
It’s unusual to see this package embedded, because it’s almost guaranteed to be available
from the framework exports. However it’s not really a problem either, since trackers are
an internal implementation detail.

The packages that should never be embedded (at least not privately) are those that form a
contract between you and another bundle — e.g. service APIs — or are part of the core
contract between a bundle and the OSGi Framework, such as the OSGi core packages including
things like ServiceReference, BundleContext, BundleActivator etc.

Note that the tracker package is not and has never been part of OSGi Core.

Regards
Neil