felix-users mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean.w.schu...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I restart one Service from another Service?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 23:09:42 GMT
I have a Service Component that communicates with a remote process via a
socket.  The activate methods waits for the remote process to come up and
then establishes communication.  If that remote process goes down I need to
go through the same process that the activate method uses to establish
communication.

I haven't been able to find any information on restarting a Service
Component.  Can I programatically restart a Service Component, or would it
be better to call deactivate() and activate() on the same Service Component?

Thanks.