felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Gradle plugins: osgi-run and ipojo-plugin
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2014 14:02:03 GMT
Great news, thanks !

Will mention it from the iPOJO web site.

Regards,

Clement

On 20 juillet 2014 at 09:43:09, Paulo Renato de Athaydes (renatoathaydes@hotmail.com) wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have created two Gradle plugins to facilitate OSGi development and make it really easy to
develop OSGi applications.

https://github.com/renatoathaydes/osgi-run/tree/master/ipojo-plugin
The first one is called osgi-run and it can create an OSGi runtime (currently for either Felix
or Equinox, but there's instructions on how to make Knopferfish work also) including any bundle
you want, which can include your Gradle project's artifact, or its subprojects, and any other
artifact that can be pointed at like a dependency. It uses Gradle's own mechanism to resolve
artifacts (supporting Maven, JCenter, Ivy etc).

The second one is the IPojo plugin. It does the same thing as the Maven and Ant plugins for
IPojo, "ipojoizing" your jars to make them ready to run with OSGi/IPojo. Combined with the
osgi-run plugin, it's a real time-saver!

They are both available at the JCenter Maven repo.

For those of you who are unsure about whether you should use Declarative Services or Blueprint/DM,
I would highly recommend IPojo. I have been a fan of Blueprint, but after using IPojo, I do
think it's the best current alternative to using dynamic Services in Java.

Suggestions on how to make these plugins even more useful are welcome!

Best regards and hope you enjoy the Gradle plugins.

Renato Athaydes