felix-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro.E...@miranda.com
Subject iPojo bundles lifecycle
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:25:56 GMT
I noticed today when running on a headless equinox (as opposed to PDE in
eclipse) my iPojo services did not register and they were not available to
consumers. I think it was because the bundles were only RESOLVED and not
ACTIVE.

To be able to have the services in the service registry do I need to start
the bundles? I tried starting all my bundles at launch time (via
config.ini) and this works fine; whoever, I'm wondering if there is no
lazier way where the bundle registers its services without already being
active and only becomes active when a consumer uses the instance.
Is there such a thing?
What is the standard way to deal with the lifecycle of bundles containing
iPojo/OSGi services?

Thank you,

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.