felix-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro.E...@miranda.com
Subject Re: IPojo performance benchmark
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:26:45 GMT
I was at OSGi DevCon last week where that presentation was given and to be
fair, the guys did say that the iPojo results were suspicious and that
they might be due to some misunderstanding of how to use iPojo since they
don't normally use it. But as it was mentioned already by Karl, the code
is publicly available so maybe someone can take a look.

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

From:   Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@gmail.com>
To:     users@felix.apache.org, sylvain.hamel@miranda.com,
Date:   2014-06-20 01:43 PM
Subject:        Re: IPojo performance benchmark

Hi,

First, I just discovered the slides. About the performance benches, I
don?t know them, but for sure in the recent versions we didn?t really
focus on performances (except if the overhead with really big). The
service registration overhead is definitely weird, I will have a look on
it.

Anyway, so far I?ve applications running from 500 to 5000 services in
different context (IoT, Web Applications?). In these case, iPOJO performs
pretty well, and its cost is meaningless in comparison of the other costs
(network, file system?).

Regards,

Clement

On 20 juin 2014 at 17:41:52, sylvain.hamel@miranda.com