felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [ANN] Felix maven-bundle-plugin version 2.5.0 released
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:02:38 GMT
Pretty cool. I am looking forward to trying the nicer Manifest format.

One word of caution though for people who switch to the new version.
You might have problems installing the resulting bundles in current
karaf versions because of this karaf bug:
Fortunately this only happens when using equinox as framework in karaf
and there is a workaround.

Christian

Am 27.06.2014 00:30, schrieb Stuart McCulloch:
> The Apache Felix team is pleased to announce the release of maven-bundle-plugin 2.5.0
which uses the latest release of bnd that supports Java 8 bytecode.

> This is a plugin for building OSGi bundles in Maven 3 (and Maven 2) by using the bnd
library from Peter Kriens:

>    http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/maven-bundle-plugin-2.5.0/doc/site/index.html
>
>    http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Bnd
>
>    https://github.com/bndtools/bnd
>
> This release is available from http://felix.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi and Maven:
>
>    <plugin>
>      <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>      <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
>      <version>2.5.0</version>
>      <extensions>true</extensions>
>    </plugin>
>
> Release Notes:
>
> ** Improvement
>      * [FELIX-3381] - Support for {maven-test-resources} and {maven-test-sources} placeholders
>      * [FELIX-4205] - "null" Bundle-Activator causes bundle to fail
>      * [FELIX-4518] - Provide a way to disable some plugins
>      * [FELIX-4539] - Update to Bndlib 2.3.0
>
> ** New Feature
>      * [FELIX-3462] - Nicer Manifest formatting
>      * [FELIX-4512] - Add a new Mojo to invoke the BND Baseline tool
>      * [FELIX-4517] - Generate generic capabilities and requirements for services from
blueprint and scr descriptors

> Enjoy!
>
> -The Felix team

Christian Schneider