felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix 4.2.1 and 4.4.0 regression wrt native code (Win7)
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 19:48:35 GMT
Perhaps you start the JVM up suspended with debug enabled and set a
break point up at R4LibraryClause.match() and see precisely why it is
failing?

The code in there is pretty self explanatory.

-> richard

On 6/12/14, 14:13 , Benoît Thiébault wrote:
> What is strange is that the OS, the JVM and the bundle are the same. Only Felix version
changes.

> We have tried to look at other classes that were modified in Felix since 4.0.3 but could
not find anything conclusive yet

> Le 12 juin 2014 18:40, "Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> a écrit :
>>
>> On 6/12/14, 05:01 , Benoît Thiébault wrote:
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> I checked what version of Felix did break it:
>>>
>>> - Everything worked fine with Felix 4.0.3 that was released the 28th of December
2012
>>> - Version 4.2.0, released on the 11th of February 2013, broke it
>>>
>>> Isn’t this modification responsible for this?
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/trunk/framework/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/util/manifestparser/R4LibraryClause.java?r1=1355580&r2=1441169
>>>
>>> It also seems to be related to bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3363
>> If I had to guess, I'd say that the OS name being reported by the JVM
>> (i.e., System.getProperty("os.name");) is not what we are expecting.
>>
>> I don't have Windows to test, but if I set a breakpoint in
>> R4LibraryClause.normalizeOSName() and manually edit 'value' to be
>> "Windows 7", then it appears to resolve the bundle correctly on my Mac.
>>
>> What value does your JVM report for os.name?
>>
>> -> richard
>>
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Ben

4.4.0) and the bundle does not load anymore on Windows 7 64-bits (I haven’t tried the 32-bits
version): I have a "No matching libraries found" error message. Java version is 1.6.0_37.

Debian Squeeze 64-bits and Mac OS Mavericks).

a fix? Or should I go back to Felix 4.0.2 (which has difficulties with Java 7…)?

added the minimum required bundles in the bundle folder. Bundles in the bundle folder are
identical. When you run the two Run.bat files, you obtain the attached screenshot. Bundle
4 loads in one case, not with Felix 4.4.0.