felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for Java 8 on iPojo
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 08:04:15 GMT
Hi,

On 2 mai 2014, at 09:55, Cornelis Hoeflake <c.hoeflake@postex.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there some release planning for support of iPojo on Java 8 / JDK 8?

Yes, work is planned. So it should be ready for the  end of May (release). There are a couple
of tasks to do to support Java 8 byte code. First the frame computation as iPOJO is doing
it right now it not sufficient for Java 8. Then, the lambda expression makes the work a bit
more complex…

> I experience some stack map problems in the bytecode using iPojo
> plugin/manipulator 1.11.2.

That’s related to the first issue.

> As I read here ASM has to be at least at version 5. Currently ASM is now at
> 5.0.2.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40felix.apache.org/msg32019.html

Yes, we are aware of it. It would help us supporting lambdas.

Regards,

Clement