felix-users mailing list archives

From Dawid Loubser <da...@travellinck.com>
Subject Re: OSGi R6 support in Felix
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:28:55 GMT
I'm still waiting for full R5 support in Felix ;-)
So I guess it'll be a while.

OSGi is an architecture that I so firmly believe in, but at the same
time it exists in a world being ever-more influenced by weak typing
(e.g. JavaScript, Lua) and functional programming (Haskell, Scala).
I have not studied what is in store for R6 - thanks for reminding me! -
but I hope that OSGi will remain relevant because it is at the forefront
of some new ideas, and not just because of legacy.

exciting times,
Dawid Loubser

On 25/04/2014 10:53, Benoît Thiébault wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have seen OSGi R6 final draft that is dated June 2014, so I guess
the R6 will be out really soon. What about Felix support for this
version of the framework, do you have a release date in mind?

> I’m interested in particular in the framework providing the
osgi.native capability (that we spoke about with Neil Bartlett a few
weeks ago) and I wonder when this feature will be available in Felix.