felix-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Jackson <Bruce.Jack...@myriadgroup.com>
Subject Re: How to use a service immediately after its activation?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:16:49 GMT
If you really want to do that, perhaps to would be better for your service
to expose 2 separate service interfaces, one which extends the other. The
first (for simplicity we could refer to it as private) could cause DS
activation in the component you┬╣re interested in, and this interaction
could trigger the publication of the second interface?

On 18/03/2014 21:09, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>> ...If you have a DS component with a reference to your desired service,
>>with a bind method,
>> the bind method will be called at some point when the desired service
>>is available,
>> whether the service or your component starts first...
>
>Ah yes, of course...this makes me realize that what I'm actually
>looking for is a way for my code to interact with the service before
>DS components even see it, if that's possible.
>
>So it looks like my core question is whether the framework or DS
>provide a "service is about to be made available" hook - is there such
>a thing? Barring that I guess my best option is to use a specific
>start level to run my piece of code in the appropriate startup phase.
>
>-Bertrand

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This message, including attachments, is intended solely for the addressee indicated in this
message and is strictly confidential or otherwise privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) : - (1) please immediately
(i) notify the sender by reply email and (ii) delete this message and attachments, - (2) any
use, copy or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you or your employer
does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise Myriad Group AG by
reply e-mail immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message
are not given or endorsed by Myriad Group AG unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative
independent of this message.