felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone using OSGI bundles for high volume OLTP applications
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:46:53 GMT
Indeed, OSGi can improve the performance of classloading because it reduces the search space.

Looking up service references can add a small overhead. However this is usually done very
infrequently, with the result being cached until the framework notifies us of a change.

Regards, Neil

--
Neil Bartlett
Sent from a phone

On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 13:43, Dharmender Goyal wrote:

> Partially yes, my code logic will be a major factor.
> What I want to know is any framework overhead - perhaps related to repository reference
lookups, class loading etc. I will run a performance and soak test cycle but can benefit from
prior experience of fellow users.

> Thanks
>

> On Friday, March 14, 2014 9:28 AM, Neil Bartlett <njbartlett@gmail.com> wrote:
> All of these concerns -- performance, security, etc -- are pretty much orthogonal to
OSGi. That is, it depends entirely on the code you run inside OSGi rather than on OSGi itself.

> Regards,
> Neil
>

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Dharmender Goyal <dgoyal@yahoo.com (mailto:dgoyal@yahoo.com)>
wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am evaluating use of OSGI bundle based design to replace an existing high volume,
multi-user (1000+)  J2EE implementation. My prototypes are working but want to know of any
potential issues with deadlocks, performance, security, scalability etc.
> > Is there anyone using OSGI bundles for large scale implementations, possibly with
JBoss, WAS or Tomcat? Any suggestions?