felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Support in Apache Felix
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:01:29 GMT
This code looks to be based on a fairly old version of the framework...I
would guess version 3.x, which is prior to OSGi R4.3. You need to do
some updates to get this to work with the latest framework releases (now
version 4.4). Further, I think that OSGi R4.3 introduced some changes
that might make it possible to do this all outside the framework as a
bundle now, such as getting access to bundle revisions (i.e., modules)
and their class loaders.

In light of that, I'd say it would be better to consider donating this
as a stand-alone bundle to Apache OpenJPA...

-> richard