felix-users mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PID and symantic versioning
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:42:49 GMT
Your quote is about what happens if a ManagedService or ManagedServiceFactory (or DS component
etc) registers for configuration with a PID containing "|".  Don't do it :-).  Someone has
to escape the "|" found in the actual PID.

I can't understand your example because I can't distinguish pipe from lowercase  L.  Could
you specify the segments of the targeted PID separately? (and don't use confusing pids containing
pipes)

You can definitely use targeted pids to provide different configurations for the "same" PID
consumer registered from different bundles, including different versions of the "same" (same
symbolic name) bundles.

Although formal support for this in DS is only in the next R6 spec, currently it works in
felix DS.

thanks
david jencks