felix-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kriens <peter.kri...@aqute.biz>
Subject OSGi and Persistence
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:41:15 GMT
I am doing some research on OSGi and persistence and I find the whole Java persistence story
quite confusing and complex. Part of my problem is that I see lots of frameworks but it is
quite hard to see code that really uses those frameworks. Virtually all tutorials and examples
look highly contrived and seem to totally ignore issues like caching, security and seem to
be rather lax concerning transactions.

I wonder if people in this forum could share with me a typical production source file showing:

	How entities are defined
	The persistent use of the entity, i.e. the part where the SQL will be generated. I.e. places
where the PersistenceManager, EntityManager, SQL generation is used
	How results are cached

A single source or class file per issue is best. Adding a small description how you use persistence
(Aries, JPA, JDO, JDBC, etc), the primary issues you face, and describe your environment is
highly appreciated.

I know from my own experience that there is often a feeling that your own code is not up for
showing to others but please send me the raw unadulterated code; I need to see how it is today,
not how you think it should be. Obviously I am not interested in what the code does or where
it is used so feel free to remove comments (if any!) and change names. I am just looking for
a couple of hundred of real world samples to extract the patterns that are actually popular
in our industry.

Obviously I will not share that code with anyone and treat it fully confidential. Also would
appreciate a little description how you use persistence in OSGi.

So in this case, do not ask what the OSGi can do for you, but for once, ask what you can do
for the OSGi! ;-)

Please? Come on, it only takes 3 minutes. Send your 4 files to: Peter.Kriens@aQute.biz

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens