felix-users mailing list archives

From Cesar Souza <bil...@gmail.com>
Subject Security Warning: Felix with Java Web Start
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 19:37:09 GMT
Hi

I have a valid certificate and I already successfully signed a Java
Web Start application. So, there is no problem with the certificate or
the process to sign my applications.
But now I am trying to sign another application that uses Felix. There
is a launcher and all the libraries are in a remote directory, all
them signed, accessed through a web server.
When I launch the application everything is OK until the execution of
the Felix's init method. In this moment a dialog appears and show the
following message:
"Security Warning

Do you want to run this application?
An unsigned application from the location below is requesting permission to run.

Running unsigned applications like this will be blocked in a future
release because it is potentially unsafe and a security risk."