felix-users mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 回覆: adopt to OSGi
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:34:44 GMT
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM, mcheung63 <mcheung63@hotmail.com> wrote:
> thank you Christian.
>
> if i let felix to start my app, seems not many people doing in this way. i think embedding
felix is my best choice.

What makes you say that?

Robert

> thanks
> from Peter

planning to support more VM, so I want to independent the middle part to OSGi. I am not sure
i am doing it correctly:
>> 1) I changed my app to start felix immediately after main(), in the activator, i
create a new object which is the original app. So my original app is running inside OSGi container
completely, this will let me avoid class-casting error.
> Why are you starting felix inside you main? Wouldn′t it make more sense
> to just start felix from the shell and let it run your application? Or
> do you need parts of your application to be non OSGi?
>> 2) I got two new projects : Interface project and Impl project. The interface project
doesn't have to be a bundle. Both host app and impl project just include it in maven. Is it
the best practice? or I have to make it as a bundle? but i don't see advantage.