felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: How to improve the start time of Apache Felix
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:36:51 GMT
Hi

Am 11.10.2013 um 05:52 schrieb Roland:

> Hi Clement,
> thanks for your reply and the information you provide. This means that I
> should forgo iPOJO and SCR to reduce startup time.

If you are single mindedly looking at startup time, you might potentially be correct. But
I seriously doubt this.

Yes, extenders add overhead. But properly done, they actually make it easier to reduce startup
time: For example all services in SCR are by default delayed meaning that they are only class-loaded
and instantiated when actually used.

It really all depends on how you build your bundles and services and components.

So, for the sake of overall system stability and maintainability, I would strongly suggest
to consider whether a low margin startup performance gain is worth the price.

Regards
Felix