felix-users mailing list archives

From Wade Girard <wade.gir...@gmail.com>
Subject Noob Help
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 04:15:36 GMT
I have been experimenting with felix and learning OSGi for the last week. I really like what
it has to offer and believe that I can use it for an upcoming project that I am working on.

I have been using maven to build bundles, and creating small test bundles, that has been going
well. I have run into a snag though while trying to create a bundle from an existing jar file
project. To figure out the dependencies that I need to include in the jar, by adding to the
"Private-Package" in the pom.xml for the bundle plugin, I have been building-installing-starting,
and then just adding each missing package as it's reported.

I am currently stuck on this one though

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle x.y.x [41]: Unable to
resolve 41.0: missing requirement [41.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=oracle.xml.parser)

That package is not being used in my project directly, I do use an xml reader to read rss
feeds, that uses the com.sun.syndication.io.XmlReader class.

If I add "oracle.xml.*" to the list of packages, then the build gives the warning message
[WARNING] Warning building bundle x.y:z:bundle:2.0.0 : Instructions for Private-Package that
are never used: oracle\.xml\..*|oracle\.xml
and when I install-start the bundle I get the same error message

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Wade