felix-users mailing list archives

From Rajan Parthasarathy <Rajan_Parthasara...@rapid7.com>
Subject RE: Help with "Unresolved constraint" error
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:55:53 GMT
In the tests I was running yesterday, the presence of the port-watcher dependency seemed to
be making a difference. However, I just reproduced the issue without the port-watcher. Huh!

Here's the full stack trace:

ERROR 2013-10-03 14:44:35.979 (org.apache.felix.bundlerepository:?) - Resolver: Start error
- com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine
[8]: Unable to resolve 8.1: missing requirement [8.1] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.rapid7.razor.collector.api)(version>=0.2.3)(!(version>=1.0.0)))
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:944)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:931)
	at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.impl.ResolverImpl.deploy(ResolverImpl.java:630)
	at com.rapid7.razor.collector.bootstrap.impl.BootstrapEngineManager.deployEngine(BootstrapEngineManager.java:93)
	at com.rapid7.razor.collector.bootstrap.impl.BootstrapEngineManager.access$200(BootstrapEngineManager.java:25)
	at com.rapid7.razor.collector.bootstrap.impl.BootstrapEngineManager$UpdateWorker.run(BootstrapEngineManager.java:215)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

In Gogo, I see this when I do an lb:

    8|Installed  |    1|Razor Collector Engine (0.2.11)
    9|Active     |    1|Razor Collector API (0.2.3)

If I do this:
g! refresh 9
g! start 8
g! lb

then it seems to have started properly.

I'm confused because 0.2.3 is listed as active, yet the exception specifies it's not able
to resolve the requirement for 0.2.3. Also, I do call Resolver.resolve() before calling Resolver.deploy(),
and the first call returned true to indicate that resolution was successful.

Thank you for your help,
Raj