felix-users mailing list archives

From Rajan Parthasarathy <Rajan_Parthasara...@rapid7.com>
Subject Help with "Unresolved constraint" error
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 14:24:50 GMT
Hello,

I'm running into an "Unresolved constraint in bundle" error, and hoping to get some insight
into it. I'm using Felix system bundle 4.0.3.

The application uses an OBR, with a thread that periodically checks for updates. Bundles are
updated using Resolver. Here's the code which performs the updates (with null checks, etc.
removed):

            repositoryAdmin.addRepository(new URL(repositoryUrl));
            Resolver resolver = repositoryAdmin.resolver();
            Resource resource = ... get the resource we want to update ...
            resolver.add(resource);
            if (resolver.resolve(Resolver.NO_OPTIONAL_RESOURCES)) {
                resolver.deploy(Resolver.NO_OPTIONAL_RESOURCES | Resolver.START);
            }

The application is running in Felix with the following bundles:
collector-api (0.2.2) - exports itself
collector-engine (0.2.10) - imports collector-api >= 0.2.2
port-watcher (0.2.2) - imports collector-api >= 0.2.0

I updated the OBR in the following manner:
- replaced collector-api 0.2.2 with collector-api 0.2.3
- replaced engine 0.2.10 with 0.2.11, which imports collector-api >= 0.2.3

When I resolve and deploy engine 0.2.11 with the above code, it throws the following error:
ERROR 2013-10-02 16:52:58.235 (org.apache.felix.bundlerepository:?) - Resolver: Start error
- com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine
[8]: Unable to resolve 8.29: missing requirement [8.29] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.rapid7.razor.collector.api)(version>=0.2.3)(!(version>=1.0.0)))

If I replicate the above scenario without the port-watcher bundle installed, then it works
- the engine gets updated successfully. Any hints as to what is happening here?

Thank you,
Raj
This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify us by e-mail at (postmaster@rapid7.com) immediately.