felix-users mailing list archives

From Stijn de Witt <Stijn.deW...@planonsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Problems integrating apache felix into eclipse
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:10:08 GMT
Hi Rajjeet,

The dialog box is also shown in the screenshot on the page you linked, but the screenshot
is showing it with the 'Main' tab active. Next to that you see a tab named 'Arguments'. Switch
to that tab. It contains two text areas:

'Program arguments'
Any text you place here is passed as argument to your program and will be available in the
main method's arguments:

       public static void main(String... arguments) {
              // Program arguments are available as arguments[0], arguments[1] etc
       }

'VM arguments'
Any text you place here is passed as arguments to the Java Virtual Machine. In the case of
-Dxyz arguments, these will be available from anywhere within the VM by calling System.getProperty:

       String xyz = System.getProperty("xyz");

Felix expects a system property named 'felix.config.properties' to be set. So all you need
to do is switch to the Arguments tab and copy-paste the text from the page you linked into
the VM arguments box. This will take care of passing the argument to the VM, which in turn
will set the system property that Felix expects.

See screenshot below:

[cid:image001.png@01CED628.C3B889D0]

With kind regards,

-Stijn