felix-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Use of OSGI for Apple Macs...
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 18:41:58 GMT
Hi Neil

2. Has anyone used OSGI with the app store for deployment of an apple client app using java?

3. Years ago I was told use jnlp or something to initally get an OSGI based java client installed
then OSGI will kick in for updates. Is that still the case? So If I have a client or swing
app that uses OSGI does a user who wants the app go to Felix for initial deployment? Currently
when you use safari on apple (I am using Mavericks) and go to a jnlp file on a web site it
will not launch java web start since Apple does not have file association with jnlp. So I
am saying jnlp launching will not work via safari on Mavericks with jre 7.

Hope that explains things.
-Tony

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:54 AM, Neil Bartlett <njbartlett@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 17:31, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It has been awhile since I asked thes questions but I am curious.
>
> 1. Has anyone been able to use Felix-OSGI with the Apple Macs (Pro or Air )?

Of course!

> 2. Has anyone used Felix-OSGI with the Apple Store?

Please clarify this question.

> 3. Also, Does Felix-OSGI support initial deployment like Web Start does or do we still
need something else? The Mac blocks use of jnlp for initial
> deployment.

Huh?? No it doesn't.