felix-users mailing list archives

From bokie <jms.cer...@gmail.com>
Subject DataSourceFactory
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:41:16 GMT
Hi,

I've been reading the specs and looking at some implemented examples of the
DataSourceFactory
(https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Native+Driver+Adapters).

And, after looking at the "JDBC idea" in OSGi, I must admit that it wasn't
what I expected to find - I was expecting to find the "PROVIDER" paradigm
(in the single instance sense) instead of the "CREATOR" paradigm:
   createConnectionPoolDataSource(java.util.Properties props)
   createDataSource(java.util.Properties props)
   createDriver(java.util.Properties props)
   createXADataSource(java.util.Properties props)

Could someone clear up the thought behind DataSourceFactory; who are the
intended clients of the factory service - it doesn't make sense for a client
to receive a freshly created datasource every time it needs to interact with
the database.

Thanks,
Jorge