felix-users mailing list archives

From Per-Erik Svensson <pererik.svens...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering the default provided system packages
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:53:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to start a minimal set-up to run Jersey (JAX-RS) and Jetty in
Apache Felix. When doing this, I get a uses constraint violation on
javax.annotation.

None of this is of course Felix concern, but...

I was wondering if there is a quick way to specify the
"org.osgi.framework.system.packages" (or any other) property to
*exclude* certain
packages. What I did was that I ran "inspect c osgi.wiring.package 0" and
copy/pasted the result (with some find-replace to format it correctly and
removing javax.annotation) to the system.packages property. This works
fine. However, it isn't very "future proof". If either felix or java8 comes
with a new set of "default" packages, I have to change this property.

So, is there any way to remove only some of the default exported packages -
or is this an all-or-none affair?

Regards,
Per-Erik Svensson