felix-users mailing list archives

From Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr>
Subject After installing Java 8 developer preview, Felix 3.2.2 no longer exports "javax.sql"
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:56:48 GMT
Hello,

An application using Felix 3.2.2 on MacOS X has started failing with the
following exception:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
system.sdk-project [5]: Unable to resolve 5.0: missing requirement [5.0]
package; (package=javax.sql)

The application is started from a shell script that includes the following
(standard) MacOS X command:

/usr/libexec/java_home -d64 -v 1.6+

It's now locating:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home

Would I be correct in guessing that Felix 3.2.2 has no explicit support for
JDK8 (would make sense), and that it has no fallback mechanism so that it
can at least export packages from prior Java releases?  As in, now that
there's Java 8, it's not exporting stuff it knew about in Java 6...

What can I do about that to fix it, apart from adding a hard-coded
dependency on Java 6 (which is EOL) or upgrading Felix?

Thanks,
Christopher